All of our Rakit Systems include a full hardware installation kit consisting of screws, washers and plugs, as well as a drill bit for installation into brickwork or concrete.
Basic DIY tools needed for installation are; rotary drill, spirit level and 13mm socket set. If you do not have access to a 13mm socket you can purchase our custom designed installation tool on checkout. Rotary drills and spirit levels can be hired from any local tool hire company or borrowed from a friend.
For installation onto timber, please contact us at time of order.
Not recommended for drywall installation.
Installation Tips and Tricks.
1. Lay racks out on the floor and confirm spacing relative to smallest board, before installation. Everyone has a different quiver.
Recommended distance between racks approximately
Kite - 850mm to 1150mm
Surf - 850mm to 1150mm
Windsurf - 1150mm to 1550mm
SUP - 1150mm to 1750mm, ensuring your smallest non adjustable paddle fits the paddle holders (if your model has them).
2. Double check wall to ensure there are no hidden services, water, electrical or other. If unsure DO NOT DRILL! Seek professional advice before starting.
3. When drilling, mark the drill bit to the depth of 65mm with masking tape to insure correct depth of holes for all plugs.
4. Take time to mark holes correctly and install one side at a time, ensuring rack is level and plumb.
5. If you have purchased one of our models with a Tie Bar or soft shelf option, we recommend you fix one side of the rack to the wall first and then temporarily assemble the other rack to mark the holes for the second side. Once marked remove rack and drill final holes. Remember to install S-Hooks on tie bar before final tightening
6. If you have a Soft Shelf you can install it now, after positioning S hooks in approximate locations. Tighten buckles on short sides of shelf first.
7. If you have an assistant you can pre assemble the unit on the ground and install it in one go.
8. For other questions see our FAQ page.
9. Work safe and enjoy.